There you cross a bridge and follow the Venter Ache in a classic or skating variant to Bodenegg.
From the Bodenegg Jausenstation you cross the river with the help of a wide wooden bridge and follow the trail to the sports field to Zwieselstein.
During longer and colder periods of fine weather, you can often admire beautiful hoarfrost.
Safety informationPlease inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
T +43 (0) 57 200 200
Tips and hints
More details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
The drive to the ÖTZTAL. Located in Tyrol, the ÖTZTAL branches off to the south as the longest side valley of the Eastern Alps. Arriving by car leads guests over the Inn Valley to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the toll motorway can also be used on rural roads. With the route planner, the journey can be quickly and easily determined:
To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Zwieselstein:
- parking Zwieselstein
- parking Zwieselstein / sports ground
Author’s map recommendations
- Cross-country skis - classic or skating skis
- Cross country poles of suitable length
- Cross country boots - precise fit, should give a firm grip and tight-fitting
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance