PANORAMA RESTAURANT HOCHOETZ --> Kühtaile Alm --> Balbach Alm --> DORTMUNDER HÜTTE
Distance 8.9 km
Highest point2,084 m
Lowest point1,896 m
Drive with the Acherkogelbahn from Oetz to Hochoetz. You walk along the Kühtaile Alm and Balbachalm direction Kühtai. You pass the lake "Längentaler Stausee" and reach the village Kühtai. Dortmunder Hütte is at the beginning of the village.
With a bus you drive back to Oetz.
Also visit the museum about the miners in this area and the nice Pochersee.
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646378 5230524
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view