SAUTENS -> above the school -> way along the tobbogan run -> way to Haderlehn -> SAUTENS
Distance 0.9 km
Highest point947 m
Lowest point835 m
In Sautens there is a 1 km long toboggan run. The ascent takes place on a separate path, which means free ride for the tobogganers and therefore safe sledding fun. Toboggan taxi on registration possible.
Safety informationIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips and hintsMore details about tobogganing in Ötztal:
Getting thereSautens is located in the West of Austria, more exactly in the province of TIROL. It is a south-facing side valley of the Inntal – the ÖTZTAL. Plan the quickest and easiest travel route from your home town to the Ötztal valley online with the Route Planner:
ParkingAvailable parking in Sautens:
- directly in front of the town hall - for free of charge
- right after the big bridge right on the big gravel parking lot - for free
- at the sports field / cross chapel / experience Kalkofen as - for free
- in front of the elementary school / kindergarten, Kirchblickweg - for free
32T 641299 5229164
- Sturdy shoes with non-slip sole
- Helmet with ski goggles
- Warm, waterproof clothing
- Flashlight or headlamp for sledding at night
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view