A wonderful hike through picture-book landscapes on the new theme trail of Obergurgl's Stone Pine Forest. A true highlight for young and old! Fresh mountain air and lovely rest areas add to a unique experience. The trail crisscrosses the 300-year old stone pineforest that features information panels providing information on pine trees, local animals, etc. Alternatively, you can continue the hike towards Schönwieshütte past the rushing Rotmoos waterfall. Uninterrupted views of Rotmoostal await you. The "Rotmoostal" water strider trail travels past this superb Alpine area. Descend either through the stone pine forest or on the cart trail. #Zirbenwald
Updated: February 21, 2020
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654276 5192341
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.