SAUTENS -> church -> Dreikirchenblick -> magic forest -> SAUTENS
Distance 2.5 km
Highest point800 m
Lowest point816 m
Take the rising trail from the parish church towards the edge of the forest. Keep towards the left at the bench, continue towards the forest edge until you reach the "Drei-Kirchen-Blick" vantage point (three churches). If you walk further you will get to the scenic forest playground.
Enjoy the great vie on the churches of Sautens, Oetz and Oetzerau
Safety informationEasy hike; suitable for beginners and walkers. Please pay attention to the current weather report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/sommer.html
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sautens:
- directly in front of the town hall - for free of charge
- at the sports field / cross chapel / experience Kalkofen - for free
- in front of the elementary school / kindergarten, Kirchblickweg - for free
32T 641031 5229833
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view