Climbing garden Auplatte
Ötztal Verified partner Explorers Choice
Klettergarten AuplattePhoto: Ötztal Tourismus, Ötztal
General Route Grading: +++++
Route length: 10 - 20 meters
Difficulty / number of routes: 4 - 9, 40 routes
Route Type: single-pitch routes
Structure / Quality of the rock: compact, plate-like granite/ mostly very good
Altitude: 1.150 meters
Best seasons: spring, summer and fall
Facing: south, west, north, east
To the rocks: 5 - 10 minutes
More details about the climbing garden / www.climbers-paradise.com
Track typesShow elevation profile
Useful advice and a few tips to make climbing easier and safer:
- Get familiar with the equipment: use only standardized mountain sports equipment (CE sign) & study instructions for use accurately
- Partner check before starting: double-check your knots, harness buckle, belay system, karabiners, snaplinks and the end of the rope
- Let your climbing partner know what's going on: communication prevents misunderstandings, let your belayer know when he has to take your weight on the rope
- Act respectfully: respect other climbers and inform them of mistakes and dangers; always respect areas where climbing is not allowed
- Protect your head
- No rope on rope contact
- Warm up before you start climbing: gymnastics and warm-up climbing protects your joints, muscles and tendons
- Full attention while belaying: the life of your climbing partner is in your hands
- It is strictly forbidden to fix new climbing hooks
No matter if you enjoy sports climbing or a via ferrata tour, you should always take a first aid kit and a cell phone with a full battery with you!
140 – Mountain Rescue – Alpine Emergency Call
112 – European Emergency Call (works with any mobile phone & in any network available)
Without a radio network signal or in a dead spot no emergency call is possible. Change to a better location and dial 112 regularly. European Emergency Call: Access to any network available if you switch on your mobile phone and dial 112 instead of the PIN code or if you use the SOS Emergency Call feature.
- Who reports/callback number?
- Where exactly is the accident site?
- What happened?
- How many injured persons?
- Weather conditions at the accident site?
Tirol Mountain Rescue Emergency App
Smartphone users can install the new emergency call app of “Bergrettung Tirol”. It helps to place an emergency call and transmits your own location data at the same time.
HERE you can download the app for iOS devices
HERE you download it for Android smartphones
Tips and hints
More details about climbing in Ötztal:
Internet tip: Climbers Paradise
The Climbers Paradise internet platform not only informs about the huge range of climbing possibilities in Ötztal but also acts as a hazard detection center strongly focusing on safety in climbing sports. Also available as an app for iPhones and Android smartphones.
The new "Sport climbing - via ferrata - ice climbing - Holiday Regions of Imst, Pitztal and Ötztal" climbing guide contains the most up to date topographic details of countless climbing areas within the holiday regions of Imst, Pitztal and Ötztal.
The climbing guidebook features all areas incl. route lists, route statistics, area descriptions, toolbars, topographic details, directions and photos. Plus quotes and descriptions by local experts and climbers, talking about their favorite rock climbing areas.
This ring file is particularly handy as it can be completely opened and folded. Many outstanding climbing and landscape pictures promise a perfect impression of the respective rocks, via ferrata routes and ice falls. In short: A modern climbing guide that leaves nothing to be desired and makes you yearning for a climbing adventure in the holiday regions of Imst, Pitztal and Ötztal.
Climbing guide content:
- 1 Area overview map
- 3 Overview sketches of rock climbing area
- 2 Overview sketches of ice climbing area
- 44 How to get to the rock climbing areas or via ferratas
- 85 How to get to the ice climbing areas
- 124 Topographic details of rock climbing areas or via ferratas
- 380 Pictures
Authors: Günter Durner, Gerhard Gstettner
Pages: 306 Format: 22 x 18 cm, ring file (half covered) in landscape format
Price: € 25.60
The climbing guide is available at all Ötztal Tourismus information offices. You can order it also by phone on +43 (0) 57200 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public transportEnjoy a both comfortable and relaxing train ride to the train station in Ötztal Bahnhof. You get off the train in ÖTZTAL Bahnhof where you change to a public bus or local taxi. The current bus schedule can be found at: http://fahrplan.vvt.at
By roadLängenfeld is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
Coming from Umhausen turn left at km 18.8 to the small chapel.
ParkingRight next to the wayside shrine after the second bridge; or on the left side where the road bends to the right in vicinity to the construction area (approx. 500 m).
Equipmentnormal climbing equipment required
- Show images Hide images