The loop tour circling Längenfeld is made to measure for sporty families - also on e-bikes - as the route travels on the valley floor, along gravel and (a few) asphalt trails.
Starting point of the tour: Längenfeld. Off the main road you explore all the valley basin's hamlets, leading from Aschbach down to Winklen. The cycle route mostly travels along the rushing waters of Ötztaler Ache where a cooling breeze is guaranteed even on hot summer days.
Varied rest stop points are spread all over the area. Plan enough time for a stopover to restore your energy.
Tip 1: fun-filled hours are guaranteed at the Water Playground next to splendid lake Winkelbergsee (ascent: approx. 15 biking minutes on a slightly rising forest trail). Don't forget to take snacks with you, and enough to drink.
Tip 2: A visit to the Ötztal Local heritage & Outdoor Museum in the hamlet of Lehn is a highlight for young and old. Take a closer look at the hard life of Ötztal's farmers over the last centuries.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.