Feast, enjoy, switch off. That is the motto when you visit the Gampe Thaya. If you enjoy your time in the mountains, then why not stay. This is unique in the Tyrolean Ötztal and therefore a special feature of your visit to the Gampe Thaya - a mobile cheese dairy on the alpine hut.
The cows grazing in summer providing the fresh milk, which is processed immediately and served as cheese after the ripening process. A large number of organic products are offered at Gampe Thaya.
Highly recommended on the Gampe Thaya is the exceptionally delicious Kaiserschmarrn.
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report:
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereSölden is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Parking lot
- parking lot Stiegele
- stair parking
- Giggijochbahn + underground garage
- Gaislachkoglbahn + underground garage
- Parking Hochsölden
- parking garage Hochsölden 1. parking lot
All parking is free during the day.
Parking for several days (eg hike tour):
- Parkticket either online or directly at the cash desk of the Gaislachkoglbahn
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aidbox, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.