Distance 6.3 km
Highest point3,624 m
Lowest point2,490 m
From the hut you head into the valley for a short while to the solid bridge over Niederjochbach brooklet and further on to the foothills of Marzellkamm ridge. Crossing the foothills, you reach the ascending trail up to Marzell glacier. Cross the glacier (mostly without snow in the lower part) and ascend to the icefalls. Here you take either the route past the icefalls on the right, and further on towards glacier-covered terrain with many crevasses, or you conquer the rocky and quite precipitous ridge (climbing skills: grade II) in order to reach the peak. Hiking time: approx. 5 hour / Descent via snow-covered and partly icy ridges in western direction down to approx. 3400 m, keep to the left into the glacier basin. Cross it between Hintere Schwärze and eastern Marzellspitze peak, then proceed downhill to the upper glacier fields.
Update: December 22, 2021
Getting thereVent is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Vent:
In front of the village and at the valley station from the chair lift (payable)
32T 643983 5184796
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view