HOCHGURGLBAHN II -> reservoir pond -> HOCHGURGLBAHN II
Distance 0.6 km
Highest point2,733 m
Lowest point2,717 m
Easy cross-country trail along the reservoir in Hochgurgl. Ascent with the Hochgurgl gondola I and II. Start at the top station of the Hochgurglbahn II. This trail is only groomed when the other cross-country trails in Gurgl cannot be groomed due to lack of snow.
AuthorÖtztal Tourismus Information Gurgl
Update: March 12, 2023
Safety informationPlease pay attention to the current weather- & avalanche report:
https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html and https://lawinen.report/bulletin/latest.
Tips and hintsTo get to this trail, a 'pedestrian ticket' for the Hochgurglbahn I and II is required.
More information about Cross country skiing can be found here: https://www.oetztal.com/winter/the-full-winter-variety-in-oetztal/cross-country-skiing-in-oetztal.html
By roadThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient was: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking garage (center of Obergurgl), chargeable | € 2,00/hour
- Parking garage - bottom station Festkogl, chargeable | € 2,00/hour
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 658039 5194613
- Cross-country skis - skating skis or classic skis
- Cross country poles of suitable lengt
- Cross country boots - precise fit, give a firm grip and fit snugl
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view