Sporty bike tour into picturesque Sulztal above Längenfeld. Scenic Amberger Hütte awaits you at the end of the side valley in a breathtaking Alpine setting, encircled by myriad 3.000m high summits.
ATTENTION: The route from Längenfeld to Gries is closed. The start is either in Gries or via the state road.
Distance 11.9 km
Highest point2,133 m
Lowest point1,173 m
The starting point is at the Längenfeld sports center. From here you cycle in the direction of the main road, turn right in front of the fire station and drive the short ascent to the Fischbach. There over the bridge and left again to the main road, which you also cross. You cycle along the Fischbach to a bridge, cross it and continue through the forest. After a while you come to a bridge where you can already see the town of Gries. Through the village of Gries and past the parking lot. You cycle on and on on the gravel road until you come to a crossroads. There you turn left in the direction of the Amberger Hütte, accompanied by a sea of alpine roses (flowering time from mid to late June) you follow the path and drive along the beautiful Sulztal, always accompanied by the Fischbach. Past the front (cultivated) and rear (not cultivated) Sulztalalm, the high valley becomes increasingly barren. The Amberger Hut already appears at 2,136 meters. Once at the top you can enjoy the breathtaking panorama with several 3,000-meter peaks.
Update: December 06, 2021
Safety informationThe sometimes fairly stepps climbs and difficult downhill stretches require both sporty biking skills and defensive cycling. Good stamina and intermediate biking rechniques are an absolute must. Sporty and active (pleasure) cycling ist he main priority.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Längenfeld:
- sports ground Längenfeld, free of charge
32T 649285 5215095
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view