PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ -> Bielefelder Hütte -> Wetterkreuz -> Wörgetal -> Knappenhaus -> Obere Issalm -> Balbach Alm -> Kühtaile Alm -> PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ
Distance 11.8 km
Highest point2,583 m
Lowest point1,929 m
This high elevation trail takes you from the Hochoetz Panorama Restaurant to Bielefelder Hütte and further on to Wetterkreuz. Proceed to Wörgetal until you get to the reconstructed Miners House in original style with stamping mill - a kind of stone mill for crushing ore. Continue to the (decayed) Obere Issalm before you reach the Balbachalm and return to the Panorama Restaurant via Kühtaile Alm.
Walking time without rest stops: approx. 6 hours
Further access points of this route can be found in Ochsengarten at Balbachhof or Issbrücke car park and in Kühtai.
Enjoy the untouched nature at the small lake "Puchersee" beneath the miners museum. Ralax and dream!
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience& mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646290 5230539
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view