SÖLDEN HOTEL CENTRAL -> Hofer Böden -> Windau -> Hofer Böden -> SÖLDEN HOTEL CENTRAL
Distance 1.9 km
Highest point1,359 m
Lowest point1,351 m
The easy Nordic ski track runs over flat meadows and after a bit you continue on the cross country ski bridge, crossing the Ötztaler Ache river.
Through a sparsely wooded area you reach the hamlet of Windau before you return to the starting point on scenic, snow-covered meadows.
Tips and hintsMore details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
Getting thereThe cardrive to the ÖTZTAL. Located in Tyrol, the ÖTZTAL branches off to the south as the longest side valley of the Eastern Alps. Arriving by car leads holidaymakers over the Inn Valley to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the toll motorway you can also use rural roads.
With the route planner, your journey can be determined quickly and easily:
To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Parking lot at Postplatz
- Giggijochbahn + underground garage
- Gaislachkoglbahn + underground garage
All parking is free during the day.
32T 652806 5203356
Author’s map recommendations
- Cross-country skis - classic or skating skis
- Cross country poles of suitable length
- Cross country boots - precise fit, should give a firm grip and tight-fitting
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance
- cap and sunglasses
- bottle with enough water
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view