Worthwhile and promising tour around the Horlachbach.
Distance 7.5 km
Highest point1,781 m
Lowest point1,540 m
The tour starts in Niederthai at the Sennhof car park, right next to the information desk. From there you cycle left, up the paved path to the Hotel Falknerhof. There you turn left again and follow the forest path to the beginning of the forest. The mountain bike tour continues through the dense forest. Over time you will come back to a forest path. Here there is the possibility to drive into the valley to the Larstig Alm (managed). Otherwise you cross the stream and cycle the Bergmahderweg back down the valley. Here you can enjoy the breathtaking panorama until you get back to the starting point.
Safety informationFamily-friendly trekking or MTB route suitable also for standard bicycles, offering good road or trail surface (gravel, asphalt or similar surface). The gentle climbs do not require special skills, cycling techniques or above average stamina. Enjoyable cycling is the main priority.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Niederthai:
- car park Sennhof, chargeable € 5,- per day
32T 649248 5221308
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view