Please note that there is no toboggan rental at Brand Alm !! At Sport Grüner, you can rent a sledge to the church in the center of Längenfeld.
Safety informationPlease note the current snow and avalanche situation report for the coming days:
https://www.oetztal.com/en/winter.html & https://avalanche.report/albina-web/bulletin/latest?lang=en
Tips and hintsMore details about tobogganing in Ötztal:
Getting thereThe drive to the ÖTZTAL
Arriving by car leads holidaymakers over the Inntal to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the motorway can also be used on rural roads. With the route planner, your journey can be quickly and easily determined. To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Längenfeld:
- next to the old fire station (entrance to campsite) - free of charge
- Sports center - (football pitch and swimming pool) - free of charge
- Opposite the Ötztal Tourismus (small number of parking spaces) free of charge
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes with non-slip sole
- Helmet with ski goggles
- Warm, waterproof clothing
- Flashlight or headlamp for sledding at night
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.