1. Every cyclist over 19 years is allowed to participate in the marathon, cyclists over 16 years are only allowed to participate in the race if accompanied by their parents and upon presentation of a written confirmation of their parents when they pick up their starting number.
2. With the payment of the entry fee all participants accept the following conditions:
2A. Personal data, addresses and results are saved and processed via EDP systems.
2B. Name, year of birth, place of residence and team are published in the official start and result lists in the Internet, in newspapers and on public information boards.
2C. The event organizer or his authorized partners are allowed to take pictures of all participants, to make films and TV recordings which can be published without restrictions or time limits
2D. The event organizer transmits address data to sponsors and third parties for advertising purposes.
3. Every cyclist has to take with him a second inner tube.
4. In bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances the organizer has the right to shorten the course and change the time limits.
5. The race directors are entitled to disqualify cyclists who do not respect the regulations.
6. They are also allowed to suspend those participants who obviously will not reach the checkpoints in time.
7. Cycle helmets are compulsory.
8. In case of danger the authorities have the right to cancel or interrupt the event.
9. At any time the organizing committee is entitled to decide whether a registration is accepted or not, and to suspend a registered participant from the competition if the participant's behavior is harmful to the image of the event.
10. Registrations of cyclists who belong to a national or international association and have been banned from cycling because of doping are not accepted.
11. Drug tests are possible at any time and without prior notice. Every participant must take part in these doping checks if requested by the official NADA Association. The organizing committee provides the appropriate premises on the spot.
12. A medical check-up is strongly recommended.
13. It is forbidden to participate in the cycle marathon with the bib number of another cyclist. Like any other violation of the rules established by the organizing committee, it will result in the immediate disqualification. Furthermore the cyclist will be suspended from the race for the following two years.
14. It is strictly forbidden to sell or auction a starting place – be it via internet platforms like eBay or any other similar channel. Every offer for sale will be prosecuted and both the vendor and the buyer will be suspended from the Ötztaler Cycle Marathon for the rest of their lives.